ATDF established the Gregory Hines Youth Scholarship Fund for serious tap students up to age19 who are in need of financial assistance to pursue their tap dance education in ATDF Programs. Gregory Hines Youth Scholarships are awarded to students based on financial need and merit. The majority of the awards are partial scholarships, covering between 25% to 75% of the tuition. A small number of full scholarships are awarded. The scholarship covers tuition only and does not cover the registration fee or other expenses related to taking classes.
Please refer to the ATDF web site for deadlines, registration fee and application info.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please complete the 8 steps below and send the completed materials. We must receive all the information in one packet. Please do not send information in separately.
Send by mail or fax:
The American Tap Dance Foundation
154 Christopher Street #2B
New York, NY 10014
646-230-9564 phone 646-230-7777 fax
Scholarship Application check list:
o Completed Registration Form
o Registration fee
o Completed Scholarship Application
o Letter of Recommendation
1) COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FORM: for the specific class or program you are applying for.
2) REGISTRATION FEE:
___ I am appling for Tap City (July) Registration Fee $35
___ I am applying for Year-Round Classes (Sept-June) Registration Fee $40
Include credit card information or a check (payable to the ATDF) with the Registration form and the Scholarship Application.
3) PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Student Name: ________________________________________________________
Date of birth: Age: _________________
Parent or Guardian’s name:
Home Phone: Cell: _______________________
Parent E-mail: ________________________________________________________
Please print clearly. Applicants will be notified by email of scholarship award.
4) STUDENT PERSONAL STATEMENT: Student should complete this. Describe how you will benefit from this scholarship and how it will further your tap education.
You could include your passion for tap, career goals, and/or your dreams, etc.
(If you need additional space use the back of this sheet)
5) PARENT/GUARDIAN STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL NEED: Parent or guardian should complete this section. Include information about your family’s need for tuition assistance. This information will help us determine the amount of the scholarship award. If applicable, include information about other forms of financial assistance your child and your family receive (free school lunches, private school scholarship, tuition assistance for after school programs, etc.)
Use back or include a separate sheet.
NEW STUDENTS & TAP CITY APPLICANTS COMPLETE SECTIONS 6 – 8.
(IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ALREADY A STUDENT IN THE ATDF YEAR-ROUND PROGRAM OR TCYE, SKIP SECTIONS 6 – 8.)
6) DANCE TRAINING:
Current tap teacher name, studio name and address:
List your tap and other dance training
Include styles of dance studied: Date/years of study Teacher/studio name:
7) DESCRIPTION OF OTHER PARTICIPATION IN TAP DANCE: Please include information about tap experience outside of class including performance experience, recitals, competitions, workshops, camps, etc.
8) LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION:
Include a letter from your tap dance teacher or tap dance mentor describing your skills and how you may benefit from this scholarship. Letter should include: teacher's/mentor's name, address, phone number and e-mail address.