1) I am applying for the following program:
_____Youth Program (ages 9 – 14) _____Pre-Professional Program (ages 14-19) _____Adult Program (ages 15 – 19)
2) REGISTRATION FEE $35
3) PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Student Name: _______________________________________________________ ___________
Date of birth: __ Age: ___ __________
Preferred Phone: __ Cell Work Home
Parent or Guardian’s name: __ ______________
Parent E-mail: ________________________________________________ ________
Please print clearly. Applicants will be notified by email of scholarship award.
4) STUDENT PERSONAL STATEMENT: Student should complete this. Describe how you will benefit from this scholarship and
how it will further your tap education. You could include your passion for tap, career goals, and/or your dreams, etc.
(If you need additional space use the back of this sheet)
5) PARENT/GUARDIAN STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL NEED: Parent or guardian should complete this section. Include information about your family’s need for tuition assistance. This information will help us determine the amount of the scholarship award. If applicable, include information about other forms of financial assistance your child and your family receive (free school lunches, private school scholarship, tuition assistance for after school programs, etc.)
(IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ALREADY A STUDENT IN THE ATDF YEAR-ROUND PROGRAM OR TCYE, SKIP SECTIONS 6 – 8.)
6) DANCE TRAINING:
Current tap teacher name, studio name and address:
List your tap and other dance training
Include styles of dance studied: Date/years of study Teacher/studio name:
7) DESCRIPTION OF OTHER PARTICIPATION IN TAP DANCE: Please include information about tap experience outside of class including performance experience, recitals, competitions, workshops, camps, etc.
8) LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION:
Include a letter from your tap dance teacher or tap dance mentor describing your skills and how you may benefit from this scholarship. Letter should include: teacher's/mentor's name, address, phone number and e-mail address.